CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Fictional

My youth pastor was asking if I was coming for the movie name Friday. I said maybe but I would leave by 10pm. And his wife asked why. I told them I would be at books-a-million for a pre-release party and Robin asked which book. And I said, Breaking Dawn!!! which is a vampire book. My mom then says... A sexy vampire.

Jay then went on to start saying oh, well its a vampire, that is a demonic creature, blah blah blah, and all the other crap about stuff like that.

Its FICTIONAL!

I told them, well, C.S. Lewis wrote The Magician's Nephew, and The Lion, Witch, and the Wardrobe...

I don't understand why some Christians have a problems with books like Harry Potter and Twilight. I mean, Disney has magic. Just look at Micky Mouse. Cinderella has a fairy godmother. Pocahontas does a form of an Native American religion. All these Disney movies have magic and they don't want to burn these movies or books. C.S. Lewis' Chronicles of Narnia are considered a Christian book and it talks of magicians and witches and magic.

But whatever. I will continue to read and watch whatever I want.

0 comments: